This is an amazing opportunity to work with nDreams, developing exciting, varied and creative VR experiences. We are looking for an experienced freelance character artist to work on a 10 week contract where you will help to develop and push the quality of our visual aspirations, narrative development and interactive experiences.
The Character Artist will:
• Work closely with the Lead Character Artist and Art Director where the understanding of artistic vision will be demanded when assisting in the development of art styles or working to established art styles.
• Work closely with the Animation team to deliver robust and articulate skinned characters.
• Work within a team-orientated environment to maintain high quality artwork whilst applying their practical knowledge to the development process.
• Able to consistently translate 2D character designs into faithful 3D game assets.
• Show proficiency in high-end, real-time character development process.
• Demonstrable an understanding of console limitations and capabilities.
• Evidence of character work that executes on a variety of styles, form and caricature.
• Established skills in Maya and ZBrush.
• Demonstrate a solid understand and execution of PBR materials.
• Real-time engine experience in Unreal and Unity.
• An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies, workflows and production methods.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise their own work schedule.
• Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works well within a team-orientated environment to maintain high quality artwork whilst applying their • practical knowledge to the development process.
Salary & Contract
• Freelance, full-time contract (10 weeks)
• Rate, dependent on experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org