Homepage Community Indie Games Reviews What's the best indie game released in 2016?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Brothel Gaming Brothel Gaming 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fernando Telles
    Keymaster

Hello, folks!
    Could you please share with us what you think to be the best game released in 2016? A name a link would be great, but we’d also love to know your thoughts as to why you recommend them! We’re going to use that info for writing an article in IndieWatch and we might mention you in it (if you wish, leave your Twitter handle so we can link it to you).

Happy holidays, everyone! 🙂

Guilherme Costa
    Guilherme Costa
    Participant

Too…many…options!!!!
    I think my favourites indie games are Deadbolt, Project Highrise and Stardew Valley.
    Deadbolt is a fast, violent but strategic side scroller. Looks like a darker version of Gunpoint. Project Highrise is a tower management game, like Sim Tower, but with more complex elements, like management of basic infraestructure (energy, water, gas etc…).
    Stardew Valley is a country town simulator, at first it looks like the first Harvest Moon game, but is more free, dont have a time limit to stop playing like Harvest Moon.

The best game released in 2016 for me is Skykings, the first game developed by my company. We only launched the version of android yet, but soon will release the version of IOS. I had little time to play other games this year, so my choice is Skykings, follow a link from him in google play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.StreamSoft.skykings

Brothel Gaming
    Brothel Gaming
    Participant

The best Indie Game released in 2016 is indeed a tough question. My team Brothel Gaming focuses on trying out and reviewing which ever games we can get a hold on that are under development and out for testing. With that said, my team and I are in agreement that we should give credit to two fantastic games we came accross in Orlando IX gaming conference 2016 ; One Virtual Reality fighting game called Heavy Impact by Studio Captivate and another PC game that’s currently out on Steam called The Concourse. Let me begin with Heavy Impact- my team has also a background in martial arts so for us to test this game out was a blast. The game consists of what was the typical sock and bop em robot game but now you’re the robot and the point is to see how fast you can knock demolish the other robot with the least amount of damage taken. As a martial artist fighting in the game felt just as natural as being in the ring-minus the actual pain and injuries so with that said to us it was a big success. Now the other game The Concourse by A&B Studios is a game out on steam still under development. It is a game that can be played up to 4 people with a Rocket League-like vibe to it. Four players that look like they’re out from the world of torn stand at a countdown to try and get out of the maze but the catch is that there’s obstacles, the walls are invisible, and there’s perks for racers like a “Chancleta” to slow down your opponents or disturb and flip their controls. It was very fast paced and we all played it for a good 3-4 hours and we could just not drop the controllers. Below is a link to the video on our YouTube channel of highlights of what the team experienced in the Virual Reality Conference experience at Orlando IX.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.